- Futura Newsletter 16.12.21
- South West Health Protection Team Information - 13.12.21
- Cancellation of remaining performances - Dec 21
- PTFA Santa Goody Bag & Raffle Nov 21
- Year 6 Camp Payment - Nov 21
- Futura Covid Update - Nov 21
- KS1 Nativity Costume Letter 24.11.2021
- KS1 Nativity Performance 8 & 10 Dec. 24.11.2021
- Year 6 Camp July 2022 Feasibility 18.11.2021
- Christmas Cards for Schools Years 1 - 6 11.11.2021
- Read Write Inc. Update ~ Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 05.11.2021
- Year 2 Christmas Play Audition Letter 01.11.2021
- E-Safety Notice 21.10.2021
- Parent/Carer Speech & Language Webinars 15.10.2021
- Year 2 Trip to Westonbirt Arboretum Friday 15th October 05.10.2021
- Year 6 Welcome Meeting Tuesday 5th October 24.09.2021
- Nursery Drop off & Pick Up 19.09.2021
- Class 5M Update 09.09.2021
- Year 4 Letter Special Guest 09.09.2021
- September Parent/Carer Sirona School Nurse Webinars 09.09.2021
- Term 1 After School Clubs 08.09.2021
- Futura Learning Partnership Parent Carer Update 06.09.2021
- PE Schedule 2021 2022 03.09.2021
Spring term 2023
Autumn term 2022
Summer term 2022
Inset days: 1 and 4 September 2023
Start: 5 September 2023
Finish: 20 October 2023
Inset day: 30 October 2023
Start: 31 October 2023
Finish: 15 December 2023
Inset day: 2 January 2024
Start: 3 January 2024
Finish: 8 February 2024
Inset day: 9 February 2024
Inset day: 19 February 2024
Start: 20 February 2024
Finish: 28 March 2024
Start: 15 April 2024
Bank holiday: 6 May 2024
Finish: 24 May 2024
Start: 3 June 2024
Inset day: 8 July 2024
Finish: 23 July 2024
September 2022 update: All “reason for absence” requests now need to be made by completing an online form, which you can request from the school office.
In the event of a medical appointment during term time please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and scans and/or screen shots of medical evidence (E.g hospital appointment letter) which include your child's name. You do not need to complete a planned leave of absence form in this instance.
Futura wraparound care operates across term time only
Breakfast club runs from 07.30am – 9am
Breakfast Club: £5 per session (£2 for stop and drop at 8.30am and no food)
Afterschool club operating between 3.30pm – 5.45pm Monday – Friday.
After School Club: £9.00 per session
MyChildAtSchool enables parents and carers to make online payments to the school,book breakfast club, after school clubs, book parents evening, and manage dinner money. There is also an app available for Android or iOS.
If you require assistance or more information please contact the school.
General principles for student images and video recording
Student photos and video recordings may be used for identification purposes and evidencing educational development. Such data will not be shared unless the law requires us to do so, or specific consent has been provided by the parent/carer.
Videos may be taken of lessons to support staff development; these may be seen by other teachers in school for staff training.
Where video or sound recording is required as part of an exam course for moderation purposes, such as drama, dance, music and PE, consent is not required other than opting to choose to study the course.
Parents / carers are welcome to take videos and photos of their children at school events for their own personal use. However, to respect everyone’s privacy rights and in some cases protection, these images must not be published or made publicly available on social networking sites, nor should parents / carers comment on any activities involving other students in the images / footage. Websites and social media can be viewed throughout the world, not just in the United Kingdom, where UK law applies. When images are posted on the internet, it is not possible to prevent others from reposting them.
Futura Schools use third party school photographers. These third parties come into school to take pictures of students (and their siblings) and pass the images back to the school. Proofs are distributed to parents/carers by the school. Parents/carers wishing to purchase images, do so by direct payment to the photographer. Schools are able to provide information on the specific photographer used in each school and direct parents/carers to their photographer’s own data protection policy.
Additional and specific consent for use by external agencies/companies may be sought.
For further information about how students’ personal information is collected and managed, please refer to the privacy notice on the trust website.
Parents provide consent for publication of their child’s image through the Parental Consents section of the My Child At School parent portal, or by contacting the school. Parental consent falls into two broad categories: School News/Events and Promotional Material.
Parental consent - school news and events
By consenting to ‘School News and Events’, parents/carers give consent to the following:
- Images may be used in the school newsletters and information bulletins. These publications may be printed or published on-line via the school’s website. School websites do not have restricted access.
- Images or video footage may be used on school social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, WhatsApp and Instagram. Note: social media accounts may not be closed groups.
- Students’ full names will not be shown alongside any published image.
- If parents do not want their child’s image to be shown on any of the aforementioned social media sites, they should withdraw consent for this category. It is not possible for the school to differentiate between permission granted for certain social media platforms (e.g. Facebook) but not others (e.g. Twitter).
Parental consent - promotional material
By consenting to ‘promotional material’, parents/carers give consent to the following:
- Images may be used in the school on activity boards, screens or reception area for promotional purpose. Note: this is separate to our statutory obligation to display work around the school, which may contain personal information; schools do not require consent to do this.
- Images or video footage may be used on the school website for publicity purposes.
- Images may be used in printed materials such as the school prospectus.
- Images or video footage may be used in the media (local / national press). Student’s names will only be published in exceptional circumstances, and with parent/carer permission.
- Unless parents/carers give express consent, students’ full names will not be shown alongside any published image.
- If parents do not want their child’s image to be used for specific purposes (e.g. prospectus, but not media), consent should be withdrawn. It is not possible for the school to differentiate between permission granted for certain promotional material but not others.
Parents/carers can withdraw consent at any time either through the Bromcom MCAS account or by contacting the school.
All school meals need to be pre-paid via MCAS. From October 2022 The Meal Deal price at Cheddar Grove Primary School will be £2.41. Dinner money accounts on MCAS need to be kept in credit to cover the cost of school meals.
(All children in nursery need to bring packed lunches to school. Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are elibgle for universal free school meals when attending school).
School lunch menu
- Lunchtime menu from September 2023 (Pdf) and allergen awareness checker (Pdf)
- Lunchtime menu from 30 October 2023 (Pdf) and allergen awareness checker (Pdf)
- Zest Catering fact sheet (Pdf)
Special dietary requirements and Zest's allergens policy
New legislation comes into force on October 1st, 2021.
We will require EVERY pupil (with an allergen, intolerance, or special dietary requirement) who will eat food at school whether at breakfast, mid-morning break, or lunch to complete a special diets form. This must then be emailed to email@example.com where we will risk assess the individual requirements. If the risk is deemed safe for us to produce the special diet in the main school kitchen, we will produce a menu to cater for their needs.
We are required by law to request this information to be able to cater for special diets in a safe way and this can only be assessed by using an approved risk assessment tool.
This is to ensure we can provide food safely to those who have allergens or intolerance and comply with the new regulations.
Free school meals
If you think that your child is eligible for free school meals, we can apply to Bristol City Council on your behalf. Please complete the form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
School milk service
- School milk services letter and order form (Pdf)
- School milk services payment schedule up to February 2022 (Pdf)
Our school uniform is supplied through Harris Sports Ltd.
You can either:
- Order your uniform online through Harris Sports Ltd
- Place an order over the phone (t: 01275 874 351).
Once the orders are placed they will be delivered to the school office (term time only) ready for collection. Home delivery: £5.95.
- Uniform policy (Pdf)
If our school has to close due to bad weather all parents will be notified via text message as soon as the decision has been made that the site is not safe for children. However, we will ALWAYS try and keep the school open wherever possible. All of Bristol's school closures can be found on the Bristol City Council's school closure website.
Any news will be communicated by text message. If you do not recieve a text, please assume we are open as normal. This website will be updated every 5 minutes with live, rolling information. Please DO NOT phone the school to see if we are open. This blocks the line for a considerable amount of time. Instead, please check your phone for a text message, as well as checking the Bristol school's closure website. Announcements will also be made by local radio stations.